Senior Database Engineer
Do you know how to store and index billions of small key/value formatted events so that they can be queried efficiently? Can you work out the factors related to the HW, disk I/O, memory, caching, and various other factors that need to be considered as part of the design of an efficient and robust data storage architecture. If so, you might be the right person to join us on our path to build next-generation products for national cyber security.
You must understand how databases work all the way to the physical medium and back. You are familiar with the problems and challenges related to productization and have an emphasis on building stable and elegant solutions. You can make informed decisions based on facts and measurements. You have experience preferably with MongoDB, but you must also understand and have practical experience of using other database technologies, understanding their benefits and disadvantages.
We look for
- Database engineer who understands how databases work
- Strong practical track record in implementing actual systems
- Understanding on algorithms and methods related to data storage
- Open mind and willingness to look beyond any single technology
- Knowledge on the requirements and challenges that come with building a product
- Extremely interesting challenges with a lot of data to store, process, and aggregate for the practical benefit of real life operations
- Position in a small R&D team in Oulu that is doing great things for a global customer base
- Work with up to date technology, a lot of influence over the tools and methods to use